Thursday, May 21, 2009

If you can't buy it...Build it!

I've been wanting to own a boat as far back as I can remember. The only problem was that the prices were way out of my range. So many years back, I created item number 9 on my bucket list: Own Boat. I've managed to scratch off many items on the bucket list and there are still plenty to go. However, old #9 sticks out since items 1-10 have been crossed off. For many years, I've always said that next summer, I'm going to have a boat. But that summer came and went and I had no boat. Here I am years later with old #9 on on the bucket list staring at me.

One frustrated day while looking at some boats, I wondered if I would ever own one. Suddenly it hit me. Why not build one! Could it be done? Has it ever been done? To my surprise there are people out there that actually built their own boats! So after months of of researching, I was confident that I could build one. I was as confident as knowing that my wife of 20 years was the right girl.

I plan to share all my boat building adventures with you. Some of you that are planning to build a boat may find my blog useful. Keep in mind, I don't know anything about building boats. I don't even know the terminology of the parts of a boat except for the bow and stern and port and starboard. It will be a great learning experience for me and my two boys. I can't put a price on the adventure we’re about to take. Even at the end, if the boat sinks in the marina, the experience, fun, and memories I will share with my family will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment