Monday, June 7, 2010

The Center Console Continued

Tried to finish the CC this weekend but the weather and all the other “goings on” distracted me. Here is a view of the CC which is just about finished. The back face was reinforced with fiberglass and epoxy and the front has a very nice thick and smooth coat of epoxy. It looks like the instruments are sitting on a layer of glass.
I have not decided whether to put the switch panel below the instruments or on the side of the console. I have to make room for the radio and I really would not like it sitting on the top. That empty space below the instruments may be the place for the radio. I'll cross that bridge once I get to it.


Center Console with instruments Left to right: Teleflex Helm, Water Pressure Gage, RPM Gage, Throttle mount.

It’s going to be an exciting week for the Big Tuna. Tomorrow we finalize the opening for the engine mount. Here is this week’s schedule:


Tuesday 06/08 – Complete engine mount
Wednesday 06/09 – Complete engine opening trim
Thursday 06/10 – Build self bailing well
Friday 06/11 – Begin electrical
Saturday 06/12 – electrical and install self bailing well
Sunday 06/13 – Mount CC on floor / Smoke some ribs on the smoker!


I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice console. I like the simplicty for the size of your boat. I dont know if you are aware but you are missing a screw.

    Sean (Sarasota, FL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou - I just realized that when I said you are missing a screw, I meant a screw on the console. Note that you do not have a screw in place on the lower right corner.

    Sorry about that.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. Thanks for clarifying Sean.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete