Monday, January 11, 2010

I Need A Heater

It has been so cold here in South Florida these last few days. Temperatures have dipped below 30! Regardless, the build continued. This weekend was spent sanding down the additional strips that were put to build up the frames. In doing so, I removed those ugly and nasty gaps. I must say that it turned out very well. The extra work will make the inside look good and the side planks will fit much better.



Sanding side of frames to meet evenly with the chines. I dont know who invented the electric plainer but God bless 'em.






Bottom view. The Big Tuna looks like it's going to have a lot a space inside. She's just over 7' wide at the widest point. By the way, the rain coat was not for the dust. It was to keep the wind from blowing on my back. It was raining and in the low 40s over the weekend.









For you non believers, here is a picture that was taken at 6:10am on Monday January 11, 2010. Yes, that is frost on my car. I had to get the ice off the windshield with a bucket of water.

This weekend I plan on putting the sides planks in place. I should have it wrapped up by Sunday afternoon. More pictures to follow then!



No comments:

Post a Comment