Monday, May 17, 2010

Anchor Well and Interior Paint

Had a busy weekend! The anchor well was made and the interior got the first coat of paint. I’ll be applying a second coat on the sides and to the floor aft of the boat.

For the anchor well I used 3/8” ply and I covered it with 6oz fiberglass and acoat of epoxy when I was finished.
Here is the dilio on the anchor well.


Card template cut and put in place.












 Template layed out on the ply and then traced.



After cutting and making final adjustments, cover the back wall of the anchor well with fiberglass.
Back wall of anchor well completed. You can fill the edges in with a good quality caulk.








Now it's time for the hatch. I used clear fir for the hatch and it will be stained and covered nicely with a coat of epoxy.

Again... a template was made out of cardboard.









Pieces were cut to fit 1 inch outside the template.





Clamped down and glued. Once dry it can be sanded smooth. We'll go back to this one later on.
Interior with first coat of paint.

6 comments:

  1. How many coats are you going to use for the inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two coats on the sides and two coats aft. The rest will have one coat in the interior.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou - this is looking so good my frined. I cannt wait to see it finished in the water. I try to see your webpage everyday and it gives me motiviation to finish my boat.

    Thank you.

    Pablo - Nicaragua

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pablo! What kind of boat are you building?

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou the Big Tuna is looking really sweet!!!! You are doing an amazing job as always! :) rbs1miami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks rbs1...It's almost time to put the Big Tuna in the water!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete